Friday, June 03, 2016

One Second(ish) a Day

Well hello, my friends!

Long time, no see, right? Have you been dying to know what I've been up to these past six months? Have you been worrying that I've abandoned my precious little blog? Do you even remember who I am? And if you do, are you as sad as I am that I haven't updated in so long? If you are, then here's your long sought-after update, only half a year after my last one, but the first of many to come this summer! Without further ado, let's get into it:


On January 1st, I started a little project, affectionately titled ‘One Second(ish) a Day,’ in which I film around one second of my day, every single day. Back when I started, I didn't really know where I was going with it, I thought it would just be, for the lack of a better word, fun. As it is, however, my friends over in the Production division were coincidentally given a similar (OK, the exact same) task this semester, giving the whole project an entirely new meaning. They had to do it, it was an actual assignment for them, and if filming snippets of your day is an actual task in film school, then I'll definitely be getting something out of it. The only difference was, of course, that while I casually got to document whatever ridiculous/boring/amazing/stupid thing I was doing that day, they were stressing over their shots not being cinematic enough, or their projects not telling a story, meaning that most of them were relieved to have it over with when the semester ended. I, on the other hand, absolutely love filming my seconds, and decided to continue it indefinitely! Yet since I cannot post a video that is still currently in production, please lay back, grab your popcorn, and enjoy part one of my project, starting on January 1st and ending the day I boarded the plane back to Budapest (sadly) in May.



Yes, on days when nothing happened, I just made stupid faces. Don't judge.

Also, yes, I know about the app. I don't use it, though, because sometimes my videos are longer than one second, cuz YOLO, and sometimes I use more than one video for one day. And because that would be too convenient and I don't do convenient obviously.

No comments:

Post a Comment