Wednesday, June 08, 2016

19 Things...

That's right everyone, it is that time of the year! Today is June 8, 2016, the day before June 9, 2016, which happens to be my 20th birthday. Crazy, isn't it? I'll no longer be able to vote at the Teen Choice Awards. Not that I had done so in the past five years, but -- y'know -- it was good to have the option.

Anyway, once again, like last year, I wrote a list of 19 things I did that happened to me at 19, this time in chronological order. And once again, like last year, I've decided to post it on this little blog of mine. So here goes nothing...

At 19, I...
  1. High-fived Dan Smith from Bastille! 
  2. Spoke at a nationally televised protest for my high school.
  3. Got my own bank account (lol) #adultthings
  4. Moved to Los Angeles, CA.
  5. Started college at USC, as a Cinematic Arts major.
  6. Joined the Silks section of the USC Trojan Marching Band.
  7. Started taking Russian classes.
  8. Went to my first (and hopefully last) college party, which was scary af.
  9. Swam in the ocean.
  10. Traveled to Chicago (and San Francisco and San Diego).
  11. Performed in the ucla (sucks!) pre-game and halftime shows (with Slash!).
  12. Started the One Second(ish) a Day project.
  13. Saw my idol/favorite artist, Patti Smith, live.
  14. Worked as a script supervisor (and BTS photographer) on the Emmy* award-winning TV series CON (and was the only person not to miss a single day on set!).
  15. Was selected to be a Resident Assistant.
  16. Was interviewed on the radio.
  17. Went to Disneyland.
  18. Presented my work at a research conference.
  19. Made the Dean's List (twice!)
(BTW, posts about the second half of this list are in progress)

So yep, there you have it (OMG, I had those exact words last year and totally didn't remember). Pretty adventurous year, I must say. Although I slightly altered this list from the one I wrote down into my little notebook, because who really wants to read about heartbreaks and awkward elevator rides and former friends who drink wine out of Starbucks cups in Glendale coffee shops, but anyway, I digress-- Let's try again: although I slightly altered this list and replaced a few very personal details, it's a pretty comprehensive one, and I can confidently say that this was pretty much the first year when I didn't take forever to think of things I hadn't done before, and when I didn't need any filler points, because those are terrible and obvious.

BUT, to end this post on a more positive note, this year has hands down been one of the best, if not actually the best one of my life. I finally got to live the life I had been dreaming of and working towards for over five years, and I couldn't be more grateful. Wait what. Ugh melodrama, gotta up yer game, Layra. Tis not yer style. OK, I think this is a sign. A sign to stop writing. So bye. See you all when I'm 20. Farewell. Over and out. Seriously, though, see you soon, everyone! Thanks for sticking around and not leaving this blog a ghost town!

Also, here are some photos, so you guys don't strain your imagination too much:




  
(16) On the radio.                                       (17) Disneyland w/ MLA and SaRAh


(6) The Holiday Bowl Parade with the band.

(14) My Script Supervisor Name Tag

(15) My RA Selection Decision


(18) My Research Paper Abstract

(2) Not my best look, but hey, that's me! On TV! In defense of a good cause!

(13) Yes, I actually saw Patti Smith. It was all real. AND I ran into Fabi <3.

(10) Yours truly, in Chicago (feat. random kid who color coordinated his outfit with mine)


*College Emmy








No comments:

Post a Comment