Monday, June 08, 2015

18 Things...

On the evening of June 8, 2009, the day before my 13th birthday, I started a little tradition. I wrote a little overview on my past year, and entwined it with my outlook on the next year. Then, to finish it off, I wrote a list of 12 things I did at 12. This was a pretty simplistic list, including buying my first pair of heels and falling in love for the first time, but it since it reflected my 12-year-old personality so much, and - let's admit it - was a pretty good idea, I decided to continue with it.

Although I consider the little reflection of my 18th year a little too personal to post, here is the list of things I did at 18:

18 things I did at 18:
  1. Go to a music festival (two actually!)
  2. See the Arctic Monkeys live
  3. Get a drastic haircut (5" is pretty drastic for me...)
  4. Get the ear piercings I'd wanted for the past 8 years (I was a hard-core 10-year-old) and get a disapproving stare from my mom every second day
  5. Take the night bus for the first time (lol)
  6. Have a graduation ball (a.k.a. prom)
  7. Write and give several speeches (prom/graduation)
  8. Have my senior portrait taken
  9. Come up with an idea for our class tableau!
  10. Create a YouTube channel (no videos yet, hey, gotta leave something for next year)
  11. Write my best film analysis yet, on Holy Motors
  12. Apply to university
  13. Get accepted to my two top choice universities! (And six others)
  14. AND get a full-tuition scholarship to USC!!
  15. Travel to Los Angeles
  16. Take final exams
  17. Graduate high school (AND get the 'Student of the Year' award!)
  18. So, erm, it's not what you think, I promise, but I'd like to keep the last one private ;)
There you have it! I know this is a forced, silly and repetitive list, but it's not that easy to think of 18 things that were unique to one year of my life. I think there are some pretty big things on there, which I'm incredibly proud of, and the rest, well, life is about the little things they say...

Stay tuned for another year of craziness, everyone!

I love you all!


No comments:

Post a Comment