Saturday, September 27, 2014

Paris - Day 0

I wrote this post a year ago. I'm still astounded by how much my writing has changed/improved(?) in the past year. Please excuse my awkward phrasing at times.

'Twas on the night of September 25, 2013, that I took a little, friendly Air France flight to Paris. Originally having a seat in the last row by the toilets, I kindly asked the unfriendly lady at the check-in to give me a seat rearrangement, and she granted my wish and gave me a nice place by the window, right by the wing of the plane.

View from my seat. For some reason, I have a terrible fear of taking pictures from a plane.


Being my usual self I was quite early, and had to linger around the duty-free shops for about an hour, looking at overpriced magazines, but soon enough it was 7:20 PM and we could start boarding. The plane was completely full, and the French football fans sitting in front of me did not help. Next to me were a Hungarian couple extremely immersed in gossip magazines.

This is not my usual photo quality, and I have no idea why I'm posting a bad picture of a waiting area.


It was already dark by the time of the takeoff, so I could see Budapest by night from above, and finally Paris by night. It was quite a bit beautiful, if you ask me. No really, it was an amazing sight. Air France also knows how to make delicious salmon sandwiches, so that's another plus.

I arrived at about 10:10 PM, and was greeted by my cousins. Unfortunately they did not have a board that said SPANYI, and that would've been cool. They did take a picture of my glorious arrival though, and send it to my dad, as I found out later. And my mom. And probably all of my extended family.

Then, we had to speed up a little, in order to catch the RER to Paris. which - as I was to find out -cause more ear popping than airplanes. After getting off the RER, we transferred to a subway line, then to another subway line, then I lost count of all the Parisian subways, and then we walked a little only to arrive at my cousin's apartment, from where you can see the Eiffel Tower (!), and the Gare de Lyon, which I originally mistook for the Big Ben. Forgive me, I was tired.

We had baguette with tuna cream for dinner, and at that moment, our habit of eating sandwiches with various fish products was established.

That is my day #0 in Paris in a nutshell, You think this was a long post? Wait until tomorrow's. And I didn't even mention the infamous fountain yet...

No comments:

Post a Comment