Monday, August 18, 2014

Festival of Folk Arts



I know, I know what you're thinking. Another festival?! Really?! This is what, your fourth festival this year? Don't worry, though, the Festival of Folk Arts is not that sort of festival. In fact, it's more of a fair, where people sell their handmade goods for a shit load of money, and you can't even buy anything useful, but you still spend all your cash. Yes, that's right. For instance, I bought a jellyfish magnet today, even though last year I bought the same sort of magnet from the same guy, only that time it portrayed a frog. So necessary.

You can say what you want, but that jellyfish is adorable.



So wait, now you might ask "Layra, why do you keep going there if it's so pointless?" Well my friends, because it's kind of a tradition, and I've been going ever since I remember. Missing even one single year is not an option. Of course when I was a kid, I enjoyed it so much and wanted to buy everything and went hysterical when my grandma refused to buy me kürtőskalács, and now I walk around going like "Yes, this would be a nice souvenir if I were a tourist, but I'm not and everything's so expensive and I've already spent all my money on kürtőskalács, because now I get to buy my own and ugh." But it's still nice. I even found a hat I liked, since that was my main mission this time, but then it turned out to be about $80 and I sadly gave up on my dreams.
See? It's a different kind of festival. A one for minors and senior citizens.



Also, the whole festival/fair is located in the castle, which is probably one of the main attractions of Hungary, and even through I go there at least three times a year (which means I've been there 54 times already), I still find it surprisingly beautiful. The view is also unsurpassed, at least by Hungarian standards, and as I happened to discover that my new camera has special effects right there today, I was experimenting with those.

Now I know how people take their really cool photos. It's just the filters and effects.

This shall be my new Facebook profile picture.



Oh, and this is mostly off topic, but on our way there, as we were waiting for the tram, I looked up and saw this:
WARNING, GRAPHIC CONTENT AND I'M NOT EVEN KIDDING!!
.
.
.
Poor little pigeon...is it even a pigeon? :-(

I  think I might have scared the passers by with all the screaming I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment